Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Roles reversal

Overheard - a conversation between two friends, Love Sick Boy (LSB) and Steak Girl (SG - a self-picked moniker).

LSB: I recently met a girl at the gym and I really like her. I think we connect at all levels: physically, emotionally, and intellectually.

SG: Wow - that's great. Do you have a picture of her?

LSB: That's us during Christmas
[LSB showing SG pictures of him and his new girl.]

SG: She's way cuter than what I expected. If you've met a girl who's cute and who's into you too, why so glum?

LSB: Well, I think she may still have a boyfriend back home. Plus, she'll leave eventually after the summer. One of us are going to get hurt - and it sucks to think that I will be the one hurting.

SG: Hmm, too bad. Well, sucks to be you then.

[I laughed so hard at SG's brutal honesty - sometimes you need a friend to just tell you like it is.]

No comments: