Thursday, May 7, 2009

Say what?

Last Friday, I headed to a charity function at a local pub/club with the usual fab girls after our happy hour drinks. There we met a few new faces - friends of friend. One of the new faces, let's call him Socially Awkward Guy (that is the nicest moniker I can come up with and you will soon realize why I said "nicest"), came up to me and started a conversation which went down like this:

SAG: Hi - you look familiar to me.
BB: Oh, really? Maybe we went to the same school - which program did you do?
SAG: No, you were in my dreams [Such cheesiness should have been my cue to exit conversation but I continued to be nice]
BB: So, what do you do besides hanging out at clubs & dreaming about me?
SAG: I play with myself [That was the exact phrase he uttered - I was certainly shocked by this point]
BB: Hmm....maybe you shouldn't tell strangers that you play with yourself, especially girls.
SAG: What's wrong with that? Everyone plays with him or herself. I'm not good with girls.
BB: Umm...maybe you're not good with girls because you spend all your time playing with yourself.

I had enough of this conversation and turned to the fab girls and retold them the convo that I just had with SAG. They were as shocked as I was. For the rest of the evening, I avoided SAG.

As the girls and I were dancing and having fun, I felt someone grabbed me from behind - and it was the disgusting SAG. EWW!!!!!!! The girls, as reliable as always, came to my rescue & immediately built a wall to protect me against SAG. I was kept safely away from any further grabby hands or rude conversation from SAG.

I think I may have hit the lowest low in terms of my social interaction with the men in my cities.

1 comment:

teahouse said...

Egads!! That's pretty lame. Poor guy..I can't help but feeling sorry for him. Maybe he should take a class or read a book to get some tips?