Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Blind optimism or an audacity to hope?

Often when asked what I want in the man (who I seeketh as a partner in life) - I answered "someone like Barack Obama". The usual responses range from "be real - that's not possible" to that beyond words but mere laughter.

I am not dreaming about making my life with a president (in fact, I rather not). It is not the power behind the man that I admire - but the many qualities of Mr. Obama (that are apparent to the public) that I am in awe of. I am taken by his quiet strength, the way he listens before he speaks, the humility he's unafraid to display with his self-deprecating humour, his intelligence, his "audacity to hope", his belief in the goodness in humanity, and most importantly the way he conducts himself with grace.

I need a man with such awe-inspiring qualities who will catch me before I slip into the path of Plath. In turn, I offer my utter devotion, respect, love, support and acts (which no words will do justice of - or simply the "catch-all" category).

Dear readers - if you wish to play matchmaker, send to me guys with such admirable qualities.

No comments: