Monday, March 2, 2009

Age rule: Divide by 2 Plus 7

I was thrilled when yoga teacher extraordinaire, Chris Chavez, gave me permission to knock off eight years from my real age for doing a pose at the yoga workshop. Yippee - I'm under 25 again!

Well, the point of this post is not exactly to toot my own yogic horn but to ponder the question of age - does age really matter in mates? Based on the age rule of divide by two plus seven, my dating age range is between 23 and 50. Funny enough, I had been (sorta) asked out by a 24 year old as well as a 49 year old in the past six months.

Out dancing in the City last Friday, I was in awe of the dancing prowess and physical hotness of my dancing partner of that evening. Lo & behold my dancing partner whom I thought was around my age turned out to be 49! I was floored when he revealed his age to me. Me being me, of course, proceeded to ask "OMG - you don't look your age at all. I thought you are way younger. Did you have any work done?"

No comments: