Monday, February 16, 2009

Bachelor

It's been years since I last watched an episode of the tv dating show, the Bachelor. Tonight I caught the last 15 minutes of the show and disappointedly Mr. Bachelor dumped fellow Vancouverite Jillian (the reason I tuned into the show tonight). The reason he gave her was that she has an amazing life of her own? Huh? So, a girl who knows how to have an amazing life without a man is deemed undesirable, Mr. Bachelor? Wow - dude, you totally don't deserve the fine ladies from Vancouver then.

Vancouver is known to have a breed of fine ladies who are fully capable of living fun-filled amazing lives of their own - with or without guys because there is a serious shortage of eligible single men in this city. So dear single eligible men of the world, please come to Vancouver if you want to meet some fine young ladies.

1 comment:

teahouse said...

It is so funny that you blogged about this tonight, because I actually caught the last 1/2 hour of the show as well! I've never been into it; I'd estimate that over the past 10 years I've caught maybe 3 episodes of it. But I too was rooting for Jillian, and I was kind of shocked that he got rid of her! She seemed like the most fun and least pretentious of the three girls.

But then again, what do we know? Reality show audiences are like juries - we see only what we're manipulated to see, minus the stuff that's cut out.